Friday, November 6, 2015

Gabrielle Basilico #2
















Artist Statement
For this batch of my Gabriele Basilico series, I made many improvements over the first batch. Most of my goals and improvement had to do with narrowing down and making my work of a more specific category and more similar. I made sure that almost all the images that I took had the sky in it and were in black and white. To make better quality photos I did several things. I took more balanced photos where the weight of the sky counterbalanced the weight of the building or used elements from the rule of thirds to purposely create slightly unbalanced photos. Lastly I made sure that every image had depth. The combination of all of these changes allowed this group of photos to have a common theme and be of better quality.

6 comments:

  1. To improve them, take more pictures of abandoned streets. When you only take pictures of the tops of buildings, they look cut off instead of abandoned. They are still cool pictures, but do not totally style your artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To improve them, take more pictures of abandoned streets. When you only take pictures of the tops of buildings, they look cut off instead of abandoned. They are still cool pictures, but do not totally style your artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the isolation of the buildings that you captured in your photos. good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how all the images seemed zoomed in and cropped at the bottom. I think some of the images that are angled up don't really have the same feelings as the other ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with these images. I really appreciate how you narrowed down your topic as well. I think that you need to add more contrast in your images because it seemed that your artist really liked contrast between buildings, the sky, and the rest of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can the improvements on these photos, I like the different angles and dimensions you gave your photos. I don't know how you could improve, maybe take more photos of the skyline? I love those.

    ReplyDelete