Friday, October 30, 2015

Gabrielle Basilico Style Photographs




















Artist Statement
For this project, my goal was to create successful photographs that incorporated elements that were commonly found in Gabrielle Basilico's images. Basilico famously focused on the essence of pieces architecture and urban landscapes that showed slowness and that lack of societal evolution. All of his photographs were either black and white or had only limited colors. In order to do this, I first made sure that architecture was the main subject and that there were no people or signs of movement in the image. The architecture or urban landscapes that I captured never had the newest, most modern buildings, or landmarks. I just tried to photograph what I saw. Next, I looked at each photo very carefully. If I could look and the image think of myself as being where the photo was taken and then think that it would be silent, the photo was successful. Creating photos that embodied silence was very important in creating the full effect of slowness and the lack of evolution. When I put the photos on my computer, I edited them to either be black and white, or have only limited colors.

9 comments:

  1. I would make your shadows way more contrasted to highlight the architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures so much! They look like something that I could find in a museum gallery. All of the pictures look like they were taken in an abandoned area! You did an amazing job capturing the style of your artist! My favorites are the first picture and the picture of the school hallway with no one in it. They capture your artist the best. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you capture architecture and design in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job capturing the architecture, but I think you could add a bit more contrast in the images. If I remember correctly, the artist had a great deal of contrast in his black and white images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos really match the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think lots of your phtotos were vary sucessful and i enjoyed than i think you will impove more and more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you tried to find different ways and angles to capture your themes. Maybe next time you can take pictures outside of drew and our neighborhood. Even though these photos are so great, everyone always takes photos in this neighborhood and we have all become very familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are really great and I like how they all seem to have a different style, if its lighting, angle, or contrast. But, maybe you could also take some that have more similar features.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how different your images are from eachother but they still give you the same feeling, thats a hard thing to do, great job

    ReplyDelete