Friday, November 20, 2015

Gabriele Basilico #4
















Artist Statement
For this batch, I tried to capture different urban landscapes while maintaining a focus on buildings and a couple of other pieces of urban infrastructure. Note that some of these images were made in New York City. When taking photos, I focused on the rule of thirds and sometimes symmetry and most of these images incorporate the rule of thirds. I also paid attention of the effect of shadows and highlights in this batch because I realize that it is a very important part of an image that I did not focus on previously. In editing, I tried to emphasize differences between shades of gray to create more vibrant images that better showed depth. This also created a more clear line between the sky and other shapes.

10 comments:

  1. I love the building pictures from the busy cities! They definately look more cohesive when you added them all in. Many of them look deserted, but you should try to get the ground in more of the shots to show just how deserted they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are getting way better. I love the depth and the isolation that you capture in your pictures. Keep doing whatever you're doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO cool! I love your view of the skylines, there is so much going on in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur photos are amazing, really enjoy all of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are really cool. I like how you have so many different angles, depths, and positions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics grab my attention every week. I am always so impressed keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos of the city are really great. I like the direction you're going in

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos of the city are really great. I like the direction you're going in

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Quentin! These pictures are awesome, but with the landscape images I feel like you are going away from what you were focused on earlier which was architecture of 1 or 2 buildings. Both ideas are great, and I think you should commit to 1.

    ReplyDelete