Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Gabrielle Basilico #3


















Artists Statement
For this batch, I tried to not resist including pieces and parts of trees and plants in my images because I realized that they were simply part of the urban landscape of the city. This affected my photographs because I included images with more plants in them. From doing this I found that the plants add a lot to the architecture. In addition to focusing more on the relationship between plants and architecture, I also did not hesitate to put more of a focus on power lines and telephone poles in my images for the same reason. Wires and telephone poles are an interesting way to divide up large swaths of sky by producing interesting shapes. The consious addition of wires, telephone poles, and plants with architecture more completely and accurately represents the reality of the urban landscape.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are really cool. i liked how you shoot each buidling at a different angel, i think it worked really well. i felt some of your photos that had a "mood" were more suggesful then you the others

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of the skyline as well as all of your pictures. I know this might just be me and this might be hard to do but maybe try and take photos away from Drew, I know for myself those photos, no matter how well photographed, always seem too familiar and do not draw my eye as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast is much better on this batch of images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would frame these to put in my room. It looks you have a clear image and your editing is well done. The skyline is my favorite, really great job. Keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you captured the grayness of urban scenes, continue to add mood to your photos they're really cool.

    ReplyDelete