Monday, January 11, 2016

Motion Abstract



Black and White











Colored








Artist Statement

For this assignment, I had to make images that were abstract, that showed motion, and were mysterious. The motion that the images show help create the abstract effect with a mysterious feeling. To create these images, I took a number of different steps to achieve the effect. First, before taking images, I adjusted my camera's settings to Aprature Priority, which allowed me to adjust how long the camera would expose for during each photo. Then when taking photos, I lengthened the exposure, clicked the capture button and moved the camera around the objects that I wanted to have in the frame. This created the motion effect and essentially blurred the shapes of the subjects of each photo. I mostly focused on ordinary objects like hallways and stairs. To create a more mysterious effect, I put some of the images in black and white and also turned down the temperature and vibrancy of the colors in some other photos. All of these steps came together to create 15 very successful motion abstract images.

7 comments:

  1. I like how you don't really drift far away from the focused object you are capturing in the image, because that makes the motion appear as if it is only the object and not the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! My favorite thing about the batch is that you split it into two sections, colored and black/white. The two sections look like two different batches as opposed to similar pictures with black/white pictures. I would say you should pick which one you prefer and stick to that maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cool editing, I like how you did b&w as well as color. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the colored ones because the color added to their abstractness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you have one section with abstract color and the other section with abstract black and white

    ReplyDelete
  6. your batch would be more successful if they are all color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every week I can see how much work you put into your images and it really pays off. I feel on the third one you could have turned the exposure down while editing to make it a less white and bright image but other than that theyre great

    ReplyDelete