Monday, December 7, 2015

Fall Portfolio












Artist Statement
For the Fall Portfolio I had to find my most cohesive photos, meaning the photos that best go together. To do this, I used some photos from my fifth batch along with other that I used in my portfolio first draft. All of the images that appear in this portfolio were narrowed down from a much large number of images. I narrowed down my photos to these images which all have many common characteristics. They all have many electrical wires, which help create depth and divide up the frame, especially the sky. As can clearly be seen, in each photo, the sky takes up at least half of the space, while buildings make up the other half. In addition to the depth created by the wires, all of the buildings in the images are captured from a diagonal angle in order to create depth. In editing these images, I kept the images in black and white, but I also edited the contrast of the images to show a larger differentiation between shades of grey. This dramatically improved the quality of each image.

No comments:

Post a Comment