Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Memory Layer












Artist Statement
For this assignment, I had to create images that elicited memories or emotions of the past. To do this, I looked through my personal camera roll as well as previous projects from photography class. I then chose images that I had memories about taking or about when I took them and that I felt that I could edit to look like genuine old images. After selecting the images, I edited each one in picmonkey© by overlaying various antique-looking effects such as layers from the edifice, smudge, or daguerreotype groups. I adjusted the transparency of each effect so as to ensure that the images did not look like pictures with effects on top. These steps allowed me to create 10 successful images that evoked old time memories or emotions about the past. If I had a few more days to work on this project, I would have chosen more images, edited them and then spent more time selecting the best images.

9 comments:

  1. I love that your batch of pictures take a look at landscapes instead of focusing on people. I think that the black and white faded filters make the spaces seem like they are from old black and white movies and I think it really works to make them fit out week topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! My favorite are on the top! I like the black and white effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really liked your photots, i would have liked to see more people as the subject to tell the story a little better but your pics are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you made these images look old and have memory by making them black/white or a brown and giving them kind of a scratched/weathered look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the B&W effect is definitely working for your pictures. good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool. B&w especially, adds a cool element. They are interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the images appear from the past very well, maybe you should try to use some more color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great you made the prompt a lot more interesting the first 2 are amazing! Every week you take meaningful and fantastic pictures keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how complex the newspaper photo is.

    ReplyDelete