Friday, May 20, 2016

Fixtures On (And Off) The Wall















Artist Statement
For this batch, I tried to continue my work with capturing fixtures and more. All of the photos are abstract and are in black and white. To improve, I worked with texture, lighting, and shades to add variety and to create more interesting images. I also used shadows in some images to create more interesting divisions of space. The combination of these new techniques allowed me to create more interesting images that are both abstract and complex.


11 comments:

  1. I love these! My favorite is the almost too minimal picture of the fire sprinkler on the roof. It is one of those pictures that you would see in a museum and It shows depth and isn't too crowded, yet has just enough detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite of these photos is the bottom one, I like that the texture works so well with the fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the objects stand out from the completely abstract background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really really like your pictures and they've gotten even better form your last batch

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all cool and I like how shape and detail is really captured, but I don't the the 3rd to last photo fully captures this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't pick a favorite one! These images are really strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these and I would never think to take pictures of things like this, but they turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nicely done Quentin. I think these are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the black and white on the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the best series of fixtures ive seen you do! Its nice to see how much diversity you can create in these.

    ReplyDelete