Friday, May 6, 2016

Fixtures - 1

















Artist Statement
For this project, I captured interesting objects or arrangements of objects on walls, ceilings or floors inside and outside of buildings. To do this, I first walked around to find interesting objects that were unordinary. I then lined my camera up exactly perpendicular to the object I wanted to focus on. This way, the object would be straight in relationship to the edges of frame. While photographing, I added interest to the images by leaving interesting arrangements of negative space. All of the images are fairly minimal with an object and lots of negative space. In editing, I put every photo into black and white to show the many different shades of gray and shadows and the arrangements of the subject and negative space.

8 comments:

  1. I really like your images. Placing them in black and white definately makes them stronger. I like that you highlighted the lights and darkened the shadows. The best images are the ones with quirky, juxtoposed features as the subjects. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually such an awesome idea, I like how you never took a picture of the same type of fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice photos i like how the back grounds arnt boring and the images are cohesive

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cool but try to use more rule of thirds. It would make them more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cool, I think adding some color may be an interesting element to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cool. Maybe to make them more cohesive, you could make the distance away from the object in the image all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos, but I think the topic of "fixtures" is gonna be a bit tough. Pretty sure a picture of an outlet doesn't count as a "fixture"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the images

    ReplyDelete