Monday, March 7, 2016

Wires - Series 3.0

















Artist Statement
For this batch, I continued taking pictures of wires, but I tried some new things to improve the quality of the images. While taking images, I focused on smaller areas instead of large portions of wires. Doing this also allowed me to capture many more interesting and unique formations and shapes of wires. I also attempted to vary the patterns of wires by capturing some curved wires, wires of different thicknesses and going in different directions. Additionally, I narrowed my subjects down to only poles and wires without any plants or tree branches. Overall, my goal was to make more interesting images that were also more cohesive. 

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have started to take pictures of the interesting covers on the wires. They add to the moody effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the wires kind of seem like silhouettes since you don't really see the details of the wires/object. I think for some of them, the white/background could match the tone/shade of the other images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the lines have no specific pattern, it is almost like leading lines photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the focus on the wires. it creates a cohesiveness even though the wires all create their own unique pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job quentin, I think you are doing what you are going for perfectly. The trouble is that they are simply pictures of wires, and you should find a way to make the images more unique or interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do enjoy the cohesiveness of these images. They are all the same subject, yet they look different and contain different moods/tones. I definately think it was a strong choice to pick the more interesting wires.

    ReplyDelete