Monday, February 29, 2016

Wires - Series 2.0

















Artist Statement
I after deciding to discontinue Dirk Bakker-like photographs, I chose to work with capturing wires, cables, and telephone poles with the sky as the background and no buildings. To do this, I took pictures from the ground looking up to the sky and captured various shapes and types of wire configurations. In all of the photos, the wires divide up the sky in different ways to create many different negative shapes. In the editing process, I cropped all of the images into squares and placed them in black and white. I then made minor adjustments to the light and darkness with the exposure and contrast settings to make the tones more cohesive across all images.  

9 comments:

  1. I love the focus on lines this week! I think that the images fit together nicely and are all clear and crisp. Perhaps try to find wires that are not perfectly organized (like the last one with the one circular wire), and shoot those, as they are more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these, for such a simple idea I like how you differentiate the look of the photos. My favorite photo was the bottom because the contrast was so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I think the color contrast between the grey and black is appealing to the eye, all while being cohesive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are nice, but maybe to try something different you could make the contrast greater

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pictures, I especially like the one whee there are 3 wires in a row, so maybe you could do more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these and how you just photographed the wires, and showed how different they are. I think the seventh one down stands out and doesn't really fit with the rest of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how different the wires are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job, and i like how the wires are mostly different shapes

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cool, I like the different lines and shapes you captured.

    ReplyDelete