Friday, September 18, 2015

Lines


Arrangement of Lines








Decorative Lines








Lines Pointing to a Subject








Artist Statement

For this assignment, I had to make images that incorporated different elements of lines in three different ways: arrangement of lines, decorative lines, and lines that pointed to a subject. Images with an arrangement of lines uses lines as the prominent subject in the frame, this draws the attention to the lines. In order to capture images with arrangements of lines, I looked for main subjects that were comprised of lines. I knew that a subject would make a good line arrangement image because my eyes would first see either the lines or the line spaces between objects. Pictures with decorative lines has a main subject, with lines as the secondary part. The successfulness of a picture with decorative lines can be tested when the line element is removed. If the subject still keeps its prominence, then it is successful because the lines should be able to be removed without taking away from the prominence of the main subject. To take pictures with decorative lines, I found an interesting subject with lines that were present, but were secondary in prominence to the object of focus. Lastly, images with lines pointing to the subject, hence the name, uses prominent lines to draw the focus to the subject of the image. I took images like this by finding interesting subjects and then looking for lines that drew the focus to the subject. This assignment enabled me to learn about how lines can be used in images to add effects to the picture in different ways.

7 comments:

  1. I loved all of your photos, my favorite was of the leave hanging off of the branch. This also would have been a great repetition photo. I think you caught really cool images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos were all great, they all clearly showed the tools we were using and we very well edited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Quentin! All your pictures are awesome. I think the most unsuccessful photo was the example of leading lines where the chopsticks and pens are leading towards the cup. I feel as if I didnt know it was supposed to be a leading line, I wouldn't know that it was. Maybe if you put the camera closer to the leading line it would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Quentin! All your pictures are awesome. I think the most unsuccessful photo was the example of leading lines where the chopsticks and pens are leading towards the cup. I feel as if I didnt know it was supposed to be a leading line, I wouldn't know that it was. Maybe if you put the camera closer to the leading line it would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think by far your photo of the doors wires that everyone took this conspet is the best, the lines pop enough but arent too over barring. really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image with the branches is an interesting example of arrangement of lines since the leaves kind of cover up the branches at first, but then you see the lines of the branches and how they are in an arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the lines bring your eyes to the chalk.

    ReplyDelete